MBA Challenge 2016
Last year the world’s leading premium portioned coffee brand, Nestlé Nespresso, engaged with the academic world and inspired 86 different MBA schools to take part in the third edition of the Nespresso Sustainability MBA Challenge. See Challenge 2015 for case study topic, winners, prize, pictures and more.
It challenged students from all over the globe to come up with new, creative and fresh ideas for its Creating Shared Value Strategy. This principle, developed by Harvard Professors Michael Porter and Mark Kramer in 2006, maintained that companies had a responsibility to create and share value not just for shareholders but also for the communities in which they operated – from farmers through to customers and ultimately consumers.
Nespresso, in partnerhip with the Sustainable Markets Intelligence Center (CIMS) and Latin America’s leading Business School INCAE organize and manage the global MBA Challenge. All information on criteria, rules, FAQs, registration, etc., is available on our website sustainabilitymbachallenge.com.
Note: For Swiss Universities who would like to register to the Challenge, please contact first the Swiss market at firstname.lastname@example.org
MBA Challenge 2016 – The process
1. Registration opens (November 2015): School and team registration opens in November 2015. Only one team is permitted per university to register. If more than one team from the same university wishes to participate, an internal competition is recommended in order to determine the team that will ultimately represent the university.
2. School registration deadline (February 8th, 2016): The school must be registered by February 8th, 2016. A university representative must be the person to register the school.
3. Team registration deadline (February 8th, 2016): The team of four students must register by February 8th, 2016.
4. Case study release (February 10th, 2016): The MBA Challenge case study is released in February 2016. At this point, teams have two weeks to prepare and submit their proposals.
5. Proposal deadline (February 29th, 2016): Each team must submit its proposal by February 29th, 2016.
6. Two rounds of review by experts: Team proposals will be reviewed by a panel of experts. 15 semi-finalists will be announced by April 4th, 2016. Three semi-finalists will then be chosen by April 22nd, 2016 to participate in the final event at the Nespresso Headquarters in Switzerland.
7. Final event: June 13th, 2016, Nespresso Headquarters, Switzerland