MBA Challenge 2015
Early this year the world’s leading premium portioned coffee brand Nestlé Nespresso interest in engaging with the academic world inspired 70 different MBA schools to take part in the Nespresso Sustainability MBA Challenge second edition. See Challenge 2014 for case study topic, winners, prize, pictures and more.
It challenged students from all over the globe to come up with new, creative and fresh ideas for its Creating Shared Value Strategy. This principle, developed by Harvard Professors Michael Porter and Mark Kramer in 2006, maintained that companies had a responsibility to create and share value not just for shareholders but also for the communities in which they operated – from farmers through to customers and ultimately consumers.
Nespresso, in partnerhip with the Sustainable Markets Intelligence Centre (CIMS) and Latin America’s leading Business School INCAE organize and manage the global MBA Challenge. All information is available through the website sustainabilitymbachallenge.com on criteria, rules, FAQs, registration and much more.
Note: For Swiss Universities who would like to register to the Challenge, please contact first the Swiss market at firstname.lastname@example.org”
MBA Challenge 2015 – The process
- Invitation / launch to schools (November 7th, 2014)
- Schools registration (November 7th – January 23th)
- Schools internal team selection (just 1 team/school)
- Team registration (November 3rd – January 30th)
- Case study release (February 2nd)
- Submission of team proposals (2 weeks of preparation) (February 16th)
- 2 rounds of review by experts
- Final event: June 3rd, 4th and 5th, Nespresso Headquarters, Switzerland