MBA Challenge 2016
Last year the world’s leading premium portioned coffee brand Nestlé Nespresso interest in engaging with the academic world inspired 86 different MBA schools to take part in the Nespresso Sustainability MBA Challenge third edition. See Challenge 2015 for case study topic, winners, prize, pictures and more.
It challenged students from all over the globe to come up with new, creative and fresh ideas for its Creating Shared Value Strategy. This principle, developed by Harvard Professors Michael Porter and Mark Kramer in 2006, maintained that companies had a responsibility to create and share value not just for shareholders but also for the communities in which they operated – from farmers through to customers and ultimately consumers.
Nespresso, in partnerhip with the Sustainable Markets Intelligence Centre (CIMS) and Latin America’s leading Business School INCAE organize and manage the global MBA Challenge. All information is available through the website sustainabilitymbachallenge.com on criteria, rules, FAQs, registration and much more.
Note: For Swiss Universities who would like to register to the Challenge, please contact first the Swiss market at firstname.lastname@example.org”
MBA Challenge 2016 – The process
1. Registration opens (November 2015): School and team registration opens in November 2015. Only one team is permitted per university to register. If more than one team from the same university wishes to participate, an internal competition is recommended in order to determine the team that will ultimately represent the university.
2. School and team registration deadline (January 30th, 2016): Both the school and the team must be registered by January 2016.
3. Case study release (February, 2016): The MBA Challenge case study is released in February 2016. At this point, teams have two weeks to prepare and submit their proposals.
4. Proposal deadline (February 2016): Each team must submit its proposal by February 2016.
5. Two rounds of review by experts: Team proposals will be reviewed by a panel of experts. Three semi-finalists will then be chosen to participate in the final event at the Nespresso Headquarters in Switzerland.
6. Final event: June, 2016, Nespresso Headquarters, Switzerland