Last year the world’s leading premium portioned coffee brand, Nestlé Nespresso, engaged with the academic world and inspired 86 different MBA schools to take part in the fourth edition of the Nespresso Sustainability MBA Challenge. See Challenge 2016 results for case study topic, winners, pictures and more.
Nespresso, in partnerhip with the Sustainable Markets Intelligence Center (CIMS) and Latin America’s leading Business School INCAE organize and manage the global MBA Challenge. All information on criteria, rules, FAQs, registration, etc., is available on the Participants Guide.
1. Registration opens (now closed): School and team registration opens in November 2016 through the website. Only one team is permitted per university to register. If more than one team from the same university wishes to participate, an internal competition is recommended in order to determine the team that will ultimately represent the university.
2. School registration deadline (now closed): The school must be registered by February 10th, 2017 by a university representative.
3. Team registration deadline (now closed): The team of four students must register by February 13th, 2017.
4. Case study release (March 9th, 2017): The MBA Challenge case study is released in March 2017. At this point, teams have two weeks to prepare and submit their proposals.
5. Webinar: March 20th (date and time to be confirmed): This year’s Challenge features a unique Webinar, an opportunity to ask questions about the case study to Nespresso executives! Will be invited to participate: registered students. A link of the recorded Webinar will be shared afterwards.
6. Proposal deadline (March 27th, 2017): Each team must submit its proposal by March, 2017.
7. Two rounds of review by experts (March-May): Team proposals will be reviewed by a panel of experts. The three semi-finalists will then be chosen to participate in the final event at the Nespresso Headquarters in Switzerland.
8. Final event (June 19th, 2017): The final event will be on June 19th, 2017, Nespresso Headquarters, Switzerland. Flight transportation, food and hotel to attend the event will be paid for and arranged by the Challenge organizers.